Sunday, June 6, 2010

Awesome talent in the house!!!

Shelly and I had the great pleasure of attending and teaching at the Great American Scrapbook Convention in Texas this weekend.
We had a lot of fun meeting scrappers from all over and getting to hang out, shop, scrap, and more.
I met this AWESOME gal named Rosandra Simmons. The second we spoke I knew we'd be friends!!! She has this amazing personality and is extremely talented!!!
She purchased one of our Punky Sprouts albums and decided to just go to town with it at one of the crops we attended. When she showed me what she had done, first I WOW'd over it and then I asked her if I could feature it on our blog. I was so thrilled that she said yes!!! I asked her to tell me a little bit about how it was to work with her very first Punky Sprouts album. Here's what she said.

Here's the story behind the album... I totally LOVE mixed media albums. So when I purchased the heart album I had a plan in mind for it. I am the only female in my household (even the pets are male). So I was excited to make a girly album. I carried the heart album from vendor to vendor at GASC til I found THE paper that spoke to me. Once I found the paper that inspired me (Adornit Carolee's Creations Princess Polka Dots), then the rest was finding embellishments, complimenting papers and ribbons. I completed the album in about 4 hours (most due to drying time for the Stickles, metallic paint pens, and wet adhesives).

Here's the project that she made.






Thanks Rosandra!! You are amazing!!
Please leave this gal some awesome praise!!! She rocked it!!
Hugs, Suzy West

7 comments:

  1. Thank you SO much for all the love!! It was great to meet you and I'm sure to see you at the CKC's coming up ;). I have four more Punky Sprouts albums to bling up, so you'll be seeing more from me. See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wahoooo!! you rocked it rosandra! talk about an amazing design! go girl go! :)

    glad you had a great time at the GASC. :) i totally did too!

    hugs,
    sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the PUNKY LOVE!!! ESPECIALLY THE PINK & BLACK COMBO - (I'M SUCH A GIRL)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! That is gorgeous! I LOVE the papers and girliness of it!

    ReplyDelete